GOAL: Refashion 10 Items for August Back to School Wardrobe. It is HOT in Texas. This is #4
Back to School Wardrobe:
*Retired from University and I return to Elementary School – TOMORROW !!!.
*Dress is business-casual to very casual.
*I will Up-cycle from my University Pre-retirement work and week-end stash.
BEFORE: Pink shirt from week-end stash. Several sizes too large and never worn. Sleeve arm cycle was very large and could not be taken down to a normal shirt sleeve opening. Hem was shirt-tail. The shirt would serve best as an open shirt jacket.
- Take in seams on body side and sleeve. Leave full enough to serve as shirt-jacket. Sleeve cycle still sits very low.
- Cut shoulder seam back ¾ inch to fit my narrow shoulders.
- Stitch sleeves back in place. Serge seam.
- Stitch fold-over elastic into wrist to slightly gather oversized sleeve cuff. This gives a slight bell sleeve.
- Even the shirt hem, serge, and top-stitch.
AFTER: New shirt jacket with slight bell sleeves ready to wear. Teamed with pink t-shirt and summer capris for casual work days at Elementary School.
Shirt Jacket with slight bell sleeve.
Side seam taken in.
Hem evened from shirt-tail hem.