NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

I'm Back !!! With Buttons !

Hello fellow refashionistas and refashioning afficionados !  I'm back !

I was a regular contributor a couple years ago and I had to leave due to a little lack of time and sewing space.  Now, I have a brand new sewing room and a little bit of time.

This year I decided to sewalong Beth's Refashion Runway.  This week was Buttons.

You can see my contributions for week 1: Velvet and week 2: Metallic.

So since I had made two dresses, I felt like sewing something a bit different.

I decided to use jeans, a tie and a metallic zipper to make a cropped jacket, which became a cropped vest.  See why here.

The Buttons part is on the back - I love cats !

A very tight cropped denim vest with proof it was once a pair of jeans.


I sewed the zipper all along the neckline.
I used a tie to hem the vest and used exposed serging seams to mimick a flatlock seam (I do not own this machine, unfortunately).

So if you want to know more about the process, please stop by my blog Sewliltime.blogspot.ca.

Peace !

Claudia


3 comments:

Accidental Seamstress said...

This is really cute. I'm a cat person too :) I also ADORED your velvet sew along dress with the long lace sleeves... Gorgeous!

cfortin said...

What a fun idea.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Samwise W. said...

Super cute! And welcome back!