Thursday, August 25, 2016

More in Fake Layering

Hello Refashion Co-op. This black knit dress needed more coverage in the front. I used a gray tank top to fix the front and make it more to my liking. I loved the shape and built in gathered waist. It was a bit too tight in the bodice so I decided to fix that too.


I cut straight down the middle of the back. I stopped cutting when I got to the waist band seam. This knot is just like a T shirt. It won't fray and it will be easy to work with.


I pinned the back of the dress into a V shape. It was easy to stitch down. It was open and roomy and it would fit now. But it was to open and it was too low.


I added the back of the gray tank top to the back of the dress. It covers my back and bra strap which is important to me. It also holds the dress together and keeps the dress from falling off my shoulders. It looks like the front of the dress and I attached it at the top and sides and bottom point of the V. I used a few stitches in each spot, 


Thanks for reading, For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Very lovely. I love little black dresses. I like the addition of the grey that covers up some assets but still lets the black dress shine. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jennifer!