Saturday, August 20, 2016

Refashion Runway: The Button Challenge

First off, thanks to everyone following along, sewing along, and voting!  And, a big thanks to Beth for hosting this friendly sewing competition!

This week on Refashion Runway, the theme is buttons.  Of all the buttons to choose from, I went with basic white buttons.  But its what was needed to achieve the look I was going for.


I used a men's polo shirt, and an oversized pair of elastic waist pants to make a nautical inspired outfit.  I also made a self-drafted tote bag from a pillowcase, belt, jute rope, and fabric scraps.














I'm ready for a fun day at sea!  If only I had a yacht!


Be sure to check out all of the creative button ideas on Refashion Runway 
and be sure to vote for your favorite!

For a detailed description of the whole process, you can visit my blog,
Second Chances by Susan!


4 comments:

Elisa Elisa said...

Wouah ! Magnifique ! Tu es vraiment un as du recyclage ! Je n'en reviens pas de ce que tu as fait avec à la base des vêtements tout ce qu'il y a de plus banal. Et le sac j'adore !
biz

whatthesew said...

You make such stylish refashions from very frumpy beginnings.

I Can Work With That said...

This is amazing, great job.
Chickie EOD

leaf said...

Nicely done!