NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Refashion Runway: Metallic

This is what I love about this competition is that it forces me to get out of my comfort zone and think way outside of the box! Metallic was something I wouldn't really pick on my own but now I don't think I'll shy away from it!



I was so lucky I scored this beautiful metallic formal dress! First, I made a waistband out of 3 inch black elastic. (See where I'm going with this...skirt!) The dress had a black lining under the metallic fabric so I used that to make a skirt. Then I cut 4 strips of metallic fabric to make a layered skirt. Instead of hemming each layer of metallic fabric I used black bias tape! I think it really defines the layers too!

Next: The Top!
I had a solid black t-shirt, in stock! I removed the top decorative layer of the original dress. I cut the t-shirt at an angle to make a one-shouldered top and then sewed on the decorative piece from the metallic dress.


Lastly: An accessory!
I had left over fabric from the top of the original metallic dress...but what to do with it?
I made a wristlet! I sewed the scrap into a square, added a button loop and wrist loop made of black bias tape scraps and sewed it together with silver metallic thread! Then added a hot pink button as an accent!




Happy Refashioning!!! 

Don't forget to vote: http://therenegadeseamstress.com

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com
 

9 comments:

leaf said...

You look very nice in this!

RePurposeFul said...

Wow, really nice job! I adore the neckline!

Chickie Walsh said...

So cute and fun. It is a very pretty outfit. I love the pink touches too.
Chickie EOD

Valerie said...

Looks amazing!

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you so much!

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thanks!!!!!

Penya, An apprentice housewife said...

Very clever !