Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

#7 August Back to School: Lace added to Tunic

GOAL: Refashion 10 Items for August Back to School. 

This is #7.

*I pledge not to buy anything RTW or thrifted for my new job and Back to Elementary School Wardrobe, 
I plan to make it through the school year.
*I am shopping from my closet.
*Dress is business-casual to very casual.

BEFORE: From the closet. Thin two-layer gauze tunic. Lace from the stash.
I wanted to take it up a notch and to copy the "more lace is better" look popular in my new school 

STEPS: Sewed  2 strips of stash lace side by side to make a wider lace.
Edged the turned up cuff and the hem.

AFTER: Very fast and easy refashion. Worn today with black maxi broomstick skirt.

2 strips of lace
stitched side by side

Lace added to cuff

After with lace

Lace added



whatthesew said...

Ha ha, I have seen that 'more lace is better' look around a lot as well.

jennifer elliott said...

Lace makes everything better. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

So Cute, I love the white on white.