So, I was moving fabric around on my sewing table, and I uncovered a skirt I'd forgotten about.
I do a lot of Goodwill shopping, and sometimes grab things when I've had a refashioning idea, but have a bad habit of abandoning some projects. One weekend, I wanted to try embroidering on suiting type plaid, so I'd snapped up this skirt.
After adding some trim to the hem, and embroidering a flower, I decided I didn't like myself in it, and it got buried in a pile.
A few months on, I had inspiration......so...out with the shears.
I got rid of the side zipper, took in the side seams a little and cut down the front.
Using some plain brown fabric from my stash, I interfaced 2 wide strips, and added a contrast button front and placed the opening off center.
To tie things together, I added a teeny patch pocket in the same brown.
Much better! Full post on my blog.