Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

In the pile behind the sewing machine

So, I was moving fabric around on my sewing table, and I uncovered a skirt I'd forgotten about.
 I do a lot of Goodwill shopping, and sometimes grab things when I've had a refashioning idea, but have a bad habit of abandoning some projects. One weekend, I wanted to try embroidering on suiting type plaid, so I'd snapped up this skirt.

 After adding some trim to the hem, and embroidering a flower, I decided I didn't like myself in it, and it got buried in a pile.
A few months on, I had with the shears.
 I got rid of the side zipper, took in the side seams a little and cut down the front.
Using some plain brown fabric from my stash, I interfaced 2 wide strips, and added a contrast button front and placed the opening off center.
To tie things together, I added a teeny patch pocket in the same brown.

  Much better! Full post on my blog.


RePurposeFul said...

Fabulous! I also start refashions, don't like them, and they go in a pile. Haha. You waited for inspiration, and it turned out great!

Chickie Walsh said...

Very cute. The added brown really make a difference.

jennifer elliott said...

The strip breaks up the pattern nicely. I love it. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD