Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Refashion Runway: Riverside Blue

Our final challenge for this season of Refashion Runway was Pantone's Riverside Blue. I loved the pattern on this vintage 1980s cotton wrap dress and knew I wanted to make a swingy shift dress out of its skirt. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to be long enough. So I pulled a solid blue tank top out of my refashion stash to supplement it.

Refashion Runway: Riverside Blue

I cut off the dress' skirt and pressed out all the pleats before cutting my pieces. I was able to get both body panels, both sleeves, and the collar facings out of that full skirt! I cut strips off the tank top to add a border to the bottom and the sleeves as well.

Refashion Runway: Riverside BlueRefashion Runway: Riverside Blue

With the leftover bits, I made a matching clutch bag. Finally, I took apart an old necklace that originally belonged to my mom and made myself a new necklace, bracelet, and earrings set.

Refashion Runway: Riverside Blue

You can find more details about my project at CarissaKnits, or go have a look at the other competitors' blue beauties at The Renegade Seamstress and vote for your favorite!

Refashion Runway: Riverside Blue


RePurposeFul said...

Very, very nice! Classic look, very well done! And, I love that you used all the leftover pieces! :)

jennifer elliott said...

Awesome! I love the boots with the dress. Fantastic.

Jillian McKimm said...

Very, very nice! Congratulations! A really lovely remake. :-) Jillian.

Chickie Walsh said...

This is such a great dress it suits you son perfectly and the purse is perfect with it. Fabulous!