Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Refashion Runway Sewalong: Swing Tunic (?)

I've been on a Maxi Dress kick lately, so I picked up this gorgeous color block Maxi (for .50 cents!) thinking I would love it as-is...


...and I hated it. 

Though I'm behind the Refashion Runway schedule, I decided to make a tunic. I made a few amputations, added sleeves, cuffs, some bias, and came up with this:



I love the blouse-y swing fit of the bottom hem. The material is super soft and stretchy. I'm not entirely sure this is a "tunic" but whatever... I still like it :)


Happy Refashioning and "Sewing Along." Be sure to tune in to the finale of Refashion Runway this Saturday!

For my full tutorial on my "tunic" feel free to check out my blog post :)

~Laura

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Is there a firm definition for "tunic"? I love love love this refashion. I need to learn to make shirts. Great job!

Jennifer EOD

Unknown said...

Haha! That's where I get confused, clearly. Tunics may or may not be dress length; they may or may not have sleeves... I don't know, but for the sake of the sewalong I'm calling it a tunic :)

RePurposeFul said...

Really cute! What a fabulous job!