Thursday, September 01, 2016

Tunic Tee

I thought this linen blend skirt would make a great tunic for the Refashion Runway challenge last week, but alas, it just wasn't quite wide enough to make a tunic length top. But it was perfect for a tunic-esque tee!

Tunic Tee - Before

I removed the waistband and picked out the darts. Then I used a well-fitting top to trace my body pattern, using the pink pattern at the bottom turned sideways for the front panels of my shirt. I cut the plain black back panels from further up the skirt, and the sleeves and collar facings came from the remnants.

Tunic Tee - After

Tunic Tee - After

You can find more details and photos over at CarissaKnits!

Tunic Tee - Before & After

4 comments:

Ivy Dewett said...

I love the way this turned out! Great job!

jennifer elliott said...

Love it! As always, you have done an awesome job!

Jennifer, EOD

Melissa Lin said...

Such a clever layout of the print.

Janna said...

I love it! it turned out so well. It's a great looking top!