Thursday, September 01, 2016

The Shapeless Plaid Tunic

Hello Refashion Co-op. My daughter gave me this soft, light weight plaid shirt. It was super comfortable and I loved it. But the loose front didn't look great on me. Frankly, I look a little pregnant in it. Pregnancy is beautiful, but I am not pregnant so I got to work on this shirt. 


It has this tie in the back that cinches in the back of the shirt. It's nice in theory, but it's not working for me.


I simply cut the strings off the sides of the shirt. 


I connected the two pieces with a few stitches on my sewing machine. I wrapped the new belt all the way around the shirt and it made it much more flattering


It was a quick and easy fix. 
Happy sewing everyone. 





1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I'm not a big fan of the waist ties either. Very cute shirt.

Jennifer, EOD