Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, October 08, 2016

REFASHION: adding color and a button

I weeded out some old shirts from my packed closet, and I found two identical blue shirts. I don't remember buying them, but I'm pretty sure the price had to be super low if I bought two. Nothing was wrong with the shirts -- lovely blue color and my favorite V-neckline -- but I didn't wear them too much.

What I did:
  • cut the scarf in half and created a two-layer triangle
  • made a straight cut halfway up the back of the shirt
  • inserted triangle into the open space of the shirt
  • created a bow with colorful border from the scarf
  • threw away the bow because I didn't like it
  • sewed a red button at the top of the triangle insert

For more pictures, details, and other DIY projects, click here.

Until next time -- Jennifer Elliott


Chickie Walsh said...

I love the colors put together, and the button is a great touch. Very cute.
Chickie EOD

Veronica Porter said...

I like this grey t shirt with a yellow scarf, nice match~ But I think it's too blank on the front, maybe can print pattern or the text from imprints-tshirt.