*I pledge not to buy any new RTW or thrifted for my "Back to School" wardrobe.
*I pledge to shop from my closet.
· Denim Skirt from the closet.
· 1st refashion MANY years ago was to remove zipper & darts. Added yoga style waistband.
· This was a great go-to and the denim went with anything year round.
Too small black slip from the closet. Was shortened years ago with a mid-length seam.
-- 6 am hunts for the right slip.
STEPS: No changes to the skirt.
• Cut off the length of the slip where the old seam had shortened it.
• Use the cut off section to piece a front panel to enlarge the slip.
• Remove the elastic, Serge all edges.
• Hand stitch into the waistband of the denim skirt.
• The short slip is perfect. The denim is thick and not see through.
• The slip makes on/off and up/down movement of the skirt much smoother.
• No more digging for a slip.
Denim skirt updated w slip
1st re-fashion- add yoga band
Short slip added, no more 6 am hunts
|1st re-fashion: |
Short slip added
Skirt is not see through
Slip adds ease of movement to the denim fabric
Older too small slip
Slip had already been shortened
with an added seam-line