· I plan to catch up with posting October Re-fashions during November.
This is #23 for my “Back to School Wardrobe”.
· Vest from the closet. I first wore it in early Elementary teaching days, many years ago.
Applique like these stars was very popular. The vest was hand-made and hand appliqued.
Now, Rust Blanket stitching was dated and worn.
· Remove rust blanket stitching.
· Hand baste and machine stitch navy lace trim from the stash.
• The updated vest is versatile with jeans, khakis, denim skirts.
It will pair with turtlenecks.
WHAT I LEARNED:
I had given up on this vest and thought that it was time to let go.
The popularity of lace at the school and the lace stash gave it a new life.
|AFTER: Red is rusty. |
Lace updates it to go with denims & chinos.
|AFTER: New lace trim.|
|In Progress: |
Old rust stitching is worn.
New Lace on the arm-holes.
Worn rusty blanket stitch
Worn blanket stitch