REFLECTIONS: I am learning to alter much too large pants. These are from my Liz Claibourne haul when our outlet closed.
BEFORE: Navy denim weight pants.
- Many sizes too large.
- Simple seam in waistband would not work.
- I do not have luck removing and re-stitching waistbands.
- New waist band was cut from Navy t-shirt.
- Remove original waistband.
- Stitchnew seams in crotch, in-seams and outer leg as needed. Serge.
- Cut new modified yoga waistband from the width of an old t-shirt. Insert elastic to fit.
AFTER: Navy pull on pants.
- No prize for style.
- But, perfect for the Back to School Spring Transition wardrobe.
|AFTER: Still full legs |
with new pull on waistband.
New waistband cut from t-shirt
New waistband: no style but functional
|New t-shirt waistband.|
Function, not style
|BEFORE: Many sizes too large|
|BEFORE: Too hard to remove and restitch waistband|