REFLECTIONS: I love to thrift!!!
- My goal is not buy any thrifted or new clothes for this school year.
- Ya'll are posting great inspirations tempting me to thrift.
- Spring and change of season are tempting me to thrift.
- Eight months down. I can do this !!! Back to the stash!!!
- In the Re-fashion Stash
- Brocade fabric, lining, and workmanship are higher end than I like to pay for new.
- I serged seams when first opened. This step stabilized fabrics while reassembling. And helped keep slippery lining fabric from crawling away.
- Remove sleeves. Cut side insert to enlarge vest and lining.
- This was a tiny petite, so not much trimming in armcycle for my narrow shoulders.
- Drop arm seam 1/2” to make room for layering. And to make it less like a jacket with no sleeve, but more vest-like.
- Cut facing from t-shirt scraps.
- Reserved for wear for graduations, Easter, etc.
- Can dress up or down.
|Light Weight Brocade|
Dress up or Down
|Large on small dress form|
|AFTER: With side insert|
|Light Weight t-shirt facing|
|Serge in the beginng to stabilize|
|Serge to stabilize slippery lining|
|Quality, light weight brocade|
|Love quality in this this Brand|
|BEFORE: Thrifted. Small petite.|