Wednesday, April 05, 2017

More Summer Blues - Patchwork Peplum Top


Following on from my 80s top in summer blues vintage textiles, I went on to make this patchwork peplum top using a self drafted pattern with a 50s vibe.  As you can guess, blue is one of my favourite colours and so I have lots of blue toned fabrics & garments for upcycling in my stash.  Plus of course my machines were already threaded with blue thread so it seemed a shame to stop at just one blue toned garment ....


More details about the project, including the 50s leaflets I used for drafting the pattern, over on my blog here.

Busy working on new upcycling projects, more posts and photos soon.

Happy sewing everyone!

Karen x


3 comments:

fabrichoarder said...

Love this - great fabric choices

RanchHouse said...

I love the blue1 Thanks for more Spring inspiration. I enjoyed a visit to your blog. Lots of creativity and inspiration to be found there.

Saga said...

Marvellous. Now I want to combine all my remants into new fabric.

/Stine - EOD