Monday, May 08, 2017

Vintage Scarf Refashion #2 - Japanese Inspired Kimono Jacket

vintage scarf kimono jacket by karen vallerius

I LOVE vintage scarves and am always looking for ways to refashion them.

This kimono jacket was a departure from my earlier kimono design in which I stitched scarves together along their seams.

This time I cut a dropped shoulder line into the front and back pieces and I think it gives a better line and drape to the garment.


vintage scarf kimono jacket by karen vallerius


I trimmed the front edge & neckline with toning satin bias binding.  More details on my blog here.

Happy sewing everyone.
Love & stitches, Karen x


6 comments:

whatthesew said...

Another wonderful creation from a vintage scarf expert. Its so good to find a way of wearing these lovely items. This jacket suits them perfectly, the colour combination is superb.

Therese said...

Looks lovely, great idea!

Pezalli Creations said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cfortin said...

Very pretty. I love saving old scarves but I never seem to do anything with them. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

karen vallerius said...

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated K.

RanchHouse said...

I had looked at this on the phone earlier in the week. Today on the big screen it really showed how pretty this is. Lovely.