Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Crushed Velvet Refash

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and spent time enjoying time with family! I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

DSCN0653
This is the dress I had used last year to refashion for Refashion Runway Season 4: All Stars. I used the top half back then and I had kept the bottom scrap for a later date.
Well, that later date was Christmas this year! Crushed velvet seems to be a hot item this year, so I decided to use this scrap and jump on the bandwagon!

DSCN1436
Here is the bottom half of the dress. It was perfect to finish in to a skirt, it just needed some elastic for the waist.

DSCN1437
I folded over the top of the skirt just enough to be able to cover the elastic. I left a 1 inch gap so I could thread the elastic through. I sewed it up later..

DSCN1439Used my trusty Bodkin to thread through the elastic. I know I have said this before, but this is just the handiest little tool!

DSCN1441
I sewed the elastic together, overlapping by about 1 1/2 inches.

DSCN1442
I stitched up the 1 inch hole I left open to thread the elastic through.

IMG_0612[785]
I had such a wonderful Christmas Eve with my family and hubby! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with loving family as well!

Happy Refashioning!!!

3 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I love the full skirt, and the velvet is beautiful!
Chickie

Lucky_Luccano said...

I personally love watching for good sales at nice stores. One of my favorite stores is Express and they have 40% off the entire store pretty often you just have to pay attention that is why i suggest you to check https://casadimoda.us/ to find the cheapest clothes from Italy.

Therese said...

This is refashioning at its best and both pieces are lovely. Well done!
I also wish you all the best for 2018 and keep the great projects coming.