Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Twin Tops

Hello Refashion Co-op. I got a couple of identical shirts from a neighbor. They were such a soft knit material. I really liked them. They were too big and had a lot of fluttery, asymmetrical layers too.
 
 
 I wanted to make them smaller and simplify all the layers and asymmetrical angles. There was just too much going on here. The wine and rosy coral colors are great.
 
 
 My first step was to make the V-neck less low cut on both shirts. I made a new front seam down the middle of the front of the shirt. I used the front seam that was already there as a guide for my sewing. I cut out the excess fabric. This made the shirts less low cut and made the front layers smaller and less overwhelming.

 
I made the body and the sleeves more narrow and then I cut off the bottom to make the shirts even across the bottom. I wanted a simple bottom hem so cutting off all the asymmetrical angles was a quick way to simplify it all.

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

 

No comments: