Friday, February 02, 2018

The Jeans That Scared My Child

Hello Refashion Co-op. I recently did some mending for my little guy. I saw this idea on Pinterest when he was a baby. I had wanted to make these little monster jeans for a long time. I was waiting for him to get holes in his jeans. I was so excited to make these.
 You can tell from the title that it was not going to end well.
 
 
I got some scraps to fill in the knee holes from the inside. The red was going to be the mouth and the white would be teeth.

 
I made the mouths out of scrap fabric and the little monsters had overbites. I thought it was cute so I left them as they were. I used white and black buttons to make eyes. I was excited to give them to my 2 year old.

 
Have you met any 2 year olds? He picked up on my excitement and of course hated the jeans at first sight. He didn't want to wear these jeans and I could barely get him to try them on. He immediately took them off. Ugh, it got worse.
 
He saw them in his room later when he was supposed to be taking a nap and began to scream and cry about the faces. The faces were looking at him. I had to remove them and give him a lot of hugs to get him to go back to bed.
 
So, it seems that I made them for nothing. For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
 

5 comments:

irene macwilliam said...

to get value out of them, keep them and show them to him when he is older and will see the funny side of it, might be quite a long storage to get the best result from him

I Can Work With That said...

That's a good idea. They are hidden in my closet so he won't see them looking at him anymore. 😀

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

These are hilarious!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Kathy,
My family found it pretty funny too.
Well, except for the 2 year old.
Chickie

circesews said...

They made me smile, I think they're adorable(but I guess I'm not 2). I wonder if my teens would let me fix theirs... nah, probably not.