Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Retro Refashion and Party

This is one of my mom's dresses she wore in the 70's.  I decided to make it over and wear it to a retro themed party.  It wasn't a huge change, but it was enough for what I wanted.


I eliminated the drop waist and shortened the sleeves and the length.  I also "de-puffed" the sleeves.


Here's a few pics from our fun retro evening.




Check out my blog, Second Chances by Susan, for more pics of the evening, and a brief explanation of "de-puffing" sleeves.  (Is that really a phrase?!) 

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

Very cute and retro night looks fun too. That scalloped neckline was very pretty, I'm glad you could save it.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

Love your refash! It's so cool that you had your mom's dress from the 70's! The party looked fun, love the theme!

-TheRefashStash