Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Pretty, Pink, and Looking Pregnant

Hello Refashion Co-op. I was given a hand-me-down that was all wrong for me, but I loved it anyway. Does that ever happen to you?


The beautiful pinky coral color won my heart. And all the embroidery and  eyelet lace edging was great too. The problem was the round full baby-doll style and shape. I look pregnant in the photo above. But I didn't want to let go of the shirt without trying to make it work.


Here was my quickie solution. I took some fabric out of the back of the shirt. I couldn't alter the sides because the shirt had a high-low hem. The side seams would never match up. I just made a new seam down the back. I didn't remove much from the top of the shirt, I just wanted to calm that ruffle down a little bit.


The new seam looked good. It looked like it was supposed to be there. And when I was done, the fit was better and I looked less pregnant. (See the after picture at the top.)


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Mel-Bee said...

The color and ruffle are great on you! Your quick fix is perfect.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Mel-Bee!