Monday, February 18, 2019

Peasant Blouse to Kimono

Hello Refashion Co-op. I love to go to clothes swaps and thrift stores. I usually pick things based on the material rather than the size or shape. If the material looks good I figure I can always do something with it. I loved this red peasant blouse because the material was so pretty. When I got home I realized it was open down to my belly button. It looked rather strange. Why was it SO low cut?


I decided not to fight it and cut it open all the way down the front. If it wanted to be open, I would let it be open.
 

I cut a little more off each side until it was smooth and flat like a little kimono jacket. I turned the edge under and stitched it down.


I liked the end result. It is a nice layer on top of a plain shirt.


Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: