Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Buffalo Plaid Sleeves

Hello Refashion Co-op. It has been SO, SO cold here. That polar vortex was no joke. It was far below freezing every day. Short sleeves won't work, but my sweater dress had short sleeves. What to do?


This sweater dress was soft and cozy. I thought it had a hood but it was actually a big soft collar/shoulder wrap. That would be nice and warm but the dress needed new longer sleeves. I had this great buffalo plaid shirt to use for long sleeves.


I cut the sleeves off the sweater dress. I left the seam in place so the arm hole wouldn't stretch out.


I pinned the plaid sleeves into the sweater dress.


I liked how the sleeves worked in the dress and they were much warmer. I still had the body of the shirt and I made a warm infinity scarf from the it. They were both great for the very cold weather we had.


Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Zumi said...

Hello, I love the outcome of this outfit. Cheers for sharing this with us.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Zumi!
Chickie