Friday, December 31, 2021

A Wintery Refashion

Here we have a lovely floor length 2 piece dress.

When I finally came up with my idea for this dress I came into a road block..

I had wanted to add faux fur accents to the dress and it’s matching jacket. I searched high and low for the perfect faux fur, every fabric store, every thrift store for MONTHS! Until finally one day at the Salvation Army .50 cent sale I stumbled across this beauty…

 dscn1186

I really hated to cut up this poor jacket, but it was the perfect type of faux fur!

dscn1187

I snipped off those annoying hanger ties and shoulder pads!

dscn1188

I wanted to keep the jacket because I loved the flowers on the material. However, I did not want to keep the oversize jacket. So I decided to make the jacket into a cape. I sewed up the sleeves.

dscn1189

Added the fur collar from the jacket into the cape.

dscn1190

I took in the sides of the dress.

dscn1191

Decided on how much length to take off.

dscn1192

Pinned and sewed a new hem.

dscn1193

After I took the collar off the jacket. I cut 2 strips off the bottom of the jacket to piece together.

dscn1194

After sewing a new hem on the dress I added the strips of fur.

dscn1196

Pretty fancy!!!

dscn1201and with the cape! Ohh lala!

2017-05-3-14-39-39

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!

I Can Work With That said...

You made it so much more modern and that fur trim is amazing.
Way to go!
Chickie