Thursday, February 15, 2024

Replacing a Purse Handle

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found a bag at a thrift store that I liked but the handles were in rough shape. 

No sewing required!

These handles were falling apart. I cut them and slide them out of the casing.

The original casing and handles were round so I used round bamboo handles. I cut the bamboo handle open. I just cut through it. It was easy to cut, I did not need this big saw but it is all I had. A small serrated cutting tool would be enough to cut the bamboo. 

The bamboo handles oped up like this after I cut them. I used the opening to slide the new handles into and through the casing. 

I used a small blob of hot glue to put the handle back together and held it while it set in place. 

I hid the glued part of the handle inside the casing. No one will ever see that. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.






No comments: