Thursday, February 22, 2024

An Asymetrical Wrap Skirt

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I wanted to try and make a wrap skirt for myself that had some draping on one side. I have seen them and liked the look. So I made one up. 

I had this wool in my sewing stash so it was time to use some of it.

Wrap skirts are basically a really wide rectangle. This skirt is a little wider to have that drape on the end of the front panel.

I made 2 tucks in the back and one on each side to get the waist to fit well. 

I used the selvedge side of the fabric as my waistband. This was a big time saver. 

I did not hem it, I pulled the threads loose so I would have some fringe along the hemline. 

I also used a kilt pin to close the skirt on the outside. The extra fabric you see here gives the skirt that nice drape. 

I love that wrap skirts are adjustable and always fit well. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.








No comments: