Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back to front butterfly shirt

Hi refashioners. Erica here, signing in for editor duty today. I've been working on a few projects this week. Firstly, a butterfly shirt I picked up a while ago from an op shop.

Pretty butterflies

An interesting one, for it is, believe or not, a man's shirt by fashion label English Laundry. It amazes me that someone originally bought this shirt at all, for a woman, maybe, but for a man? Surely not. Shirt before, ick..

I used the front of butterfly shirt for the back of my new top, removed the collar, plus added some bias tape from my sewing stash for the neckline...

Shirt back - now front




Shirt front - now back





Since sewing this top, I have included two front darts (thanks for advice Huli) to make the top a better fit, but as yet have not taken any photographs.

In an attempt to minimise waste material, I have been using the rest of the shirt to make other things such as


The collar I have stitched to a pale blue jumper from my wardrobe


Toddler shirt sleeve PJ pants; fits around 18 months


Plastic bottle cuff, similar to ones that I made here. The blue silk fabric I have used for this fabric flower was the back yoke shirt lining.


A fabric flower greeting card!

I haven't posted on my own blog about all of these little butterfly sub projects yet, for I am still going with the excess fabric! I intend to use every single piece of it. However, I have blogged about my butterfly top here.

1 comment:

Dogstar Bazaar said...

The PJ toddler pants are adorable!