Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hi!

My name is Theo and I live in New York City. I actually joined this blog a little while ago, but have had a pretty crazy April and needed the reminder about required monthly postings to finally prompt me to post.

I've always customized my clothing, using hand-stitching, Rit dyes, and the beloved queen of embellishing - the BeDazzler. This trend was kicked up a notch two years ago when I was laid off from my job and bought a sewing machine all in the same month. The dramatic decrease in income led me to discover the wonders of the dollar bin and refashioning! Here are some of my favorites so far...

equation

Below is a jumpsuit I made out of the two skirts and skirt lining pictured above. I used a vintage pattern from the 1960's that I altered slightly for my thicker thighs:

Jumpsuit!

This next alteration was incredibly simple, but made such a huge difference in how I wear this jacket. Plus, I'd finally learned how to sew a zipper from making the jumpsuit:

navybackorig2

Finally, my most recent endeavor has been two pairs of underwear from shirts I no longer wear:

polodeerfrntpolodeerbck

I have found inspiration in so many posts here and I can't wait to see more!

7 comments:

Corina said...

Welcome! the jumpsuit looks great on you.

Huli said...

hey loving the tee to knicker refashions very sweet!

Family Jaques said...

Those are the best homemade knickers I've ever seen. You should do a tutorial!

Yelena's Nest said...

Yes! You should definitely do a "tee to undies" tutorial!!

Refashion said...

Hi Theo, welcome to RC!
Great projects. I have to agree with everyone else that those undies are brilliant. Please share a tutorial with us!

Bryony
EOD

Theo said...

Oh my, I am blushing from all this praise! I would love to post a tutorial for you all! I'll try to put that together soon. Thanks for all the compliments!

Unknown said...

Theo,
Earlier this month you promised a tee2knicker tutorial and we are still waiting... You do not want to disappoint all your blog fans here do you?
We want more POSTS!
We want more POSTS!
We want more POSTS!
Love,
Your Dad and Mom