Thursday, April 21, 2011

Upcycled Mens Shirt

Original Garment:



I upcycled this Mens Shirt using a Zero Waste technique (so there was no fabric leftover after the transformation), below is the result. The black neckline detail is from the inside back neck of the shirt, and the excess fabric within the sleeves have been used to add volume and ruched.


I had another mens shirt made of the same material which I also transformed using a Zero Waste technique and below is the result. I wanted to show the variations possible by upcycling the same item of clothing.

I have used the material from the cuffs and collar to create gathered detailing to the bust of the garment and the excess fabric is gathered in a flattering way within the garment.



For more info on my designs, check out my website: www.unbuttonfashion.com
I would love to hear your thoughts.










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so amazing. I'm floored.

Liz said...

Wow! What a transformation!

Lovenicky said...

Very chic and imaginative!

Huli said...

Love this...especially your idea of no waste...i read this article just the other day & found it very interesting http://www.ecouterre.com/how-can-fashion-designers-make-clothes-less-disposable/
i'm definately all for re-using as much of an original garment as possible and you did a wicked job on these tops