Monday, June 20, 2011

Mom Skirt to Summer Halter Dress.

First post on Refashion Co-Op! Thanks for having me! 32 year old living in Minneapolis, MN. My passion is being creative through any medium. I grew up sewing with my mom, but just recently dusted off the sewing machine for another go. I'm obsessed with the idea of refashioning clothing, and was thrilled to see so much of it going on.

My Second Re-Fashion. (For #1 Refashion - you can visit my new blog)
These skirts remind me of what my mom used to wear in the 90's, hence the title "Mom Skirt..." They're ALL over the thrift stores, and they seem like a great starting point for a refashion project since it's basically like getting a few yards of material with a hem already to go. I emphasize "seem" since I forgot that thin, flimsy material can sometimes be finicky. There were moments where I wanted to shred the skirt and use it for filling for a pillow, but I put on my big girl pants, skipped the tantrum, and went right back at it. I'm pleased with the outcome.

Bought this skirt at Salvation Army for $1.99. Had to buy some elastic thread at a buck fifty, but other that that all I had to do was sew!



Mom Skirt



Halter Dress
*Next time I'll post a pic of me wearing my new article, but just got back from a long bike ride... wasn't feeling very pretty.

2 comments:

my thrifty closet said...

lovely transformation.

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Refashion said...

welcome to Refashion Co Op. We are glad to have you as a contributor. The dress looks fab and so much prettier than in its previous life as a skirt!
Debbie
EOD