Saturday, March 03, 2012

How I finally managed to make my own dress

I don;t really do patterns. I tried some, but they just never seem to make as much sense as logical thinking and using your own body to alter things to. So this dress is yet another non-patterned thing I made. And actually, the design is so easy you don't need one. All you need is to very long strips of fabric for the top and a simple A-line bottom. It's the way you put this dress on that makes in more complicated, because you can wear it in many ways. What to choose!?


The dress flat on the floor



The way I was wearing it yesterday

3 comments:

Sandy said...

that colour is so very good on you!
I like using that method of making - I call it the chop, chop, sew, sew method! LOL
Sandy in the UK

charlotte said...

oh it looks wonderful, I just love the colour!!

Refashion said...

I am always a big fan of the convertible dresses. What did you use for the fabric? -Seeks, EOD