Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Modern Chair Reupholster

This is my first time posting to the Refashion Co-op, and I am so excited! I have a chair recover tutorial to share.

What do you do when you want a cute new chair but hate spending money? Go thrift store shopping, of course! I found an antique dining room chair at Goodwill for $3.99 in great shape, but it did not match our house, even a little bit. I bought some paint and a sweater at Salvation Army to recover it, and armed with re-upholstery books from the library and my staple gun, I refinished and recovered the chair.



I hope you enjoy. Happy almost Fourth of July!


2 comments:

Refashion said...

Love this solution! Chairs follow me home, I swear. Kinda like proverbial puppies. Using a sweater to reupholster is simply fabulous!

Welcome to the co-op!
Jenni
Editor of the Day
aka EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Wow. What an amazing transformation.