Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer refashions and repairs


I'm on holiday at the minute so I haven't been able to do as much crafting as I would like but I have still managed to do a few bits :)

I'm afraid I don't have any before pics because I tend to cut before I think.

The sleepsuits were long sleeved and long legged and I just cut them off to make them short sleeved and short legged. It's sooo hot here in Turkey but I don't want to leave her nakey because she tends to rip her nappy off if she can see it, plus I don't want for her to be mosquito food :P

The blue trousers were actually already 3/4 length pants, they were just much baggier, longer and not elasticated on the bottom. I just took them a little up on the inside leg to make them more fitted then made a casing on the bottom of each leg for the elastic. They actually looked ridiculously big for me before but they fit me really nicely now.

The top looked no different since all I did was take up the shoulders. I pinned at the top of the shoulders where I wanted to take them up to, ran a line of straight stitch over then folded the excess material to the back and ran some zıgzag stitching up each side to help the material lie flat and stop bunching.

The flip flops were just plain white cheapo flip flops. I actually bought them plain so I could add a little crochet flower on in whatever colour I wanted. I did white and black so they match with most of my clothes. I just crocheted two flowers, one small and one bigger, then stitched them together with a cross through the middle and wrapped them around the toe piece of my flip flop.

I have tons more refashions on my blog - Mammy Made

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Thanks for the share! For not being able to do much crafting, you seem to have accomplished some nice projects. -Seeks, EOD