Saturday, August 11, 2012

Upcycling LIfe

Hi everyone, I am new to the Refashion Coop and I am very happy to be here!  I have my own blog https://upcyclinglife.wordpress.com/ in which I discuss refashioning clothing, cooking, upcycling, money saving tips, and ideas for my upcoming wedding.  Check it out!

Though I am new to refashioning, I am certainly not new to thrifting.  My mom always took me to thrift stores as a kid and I loved it!  I continue to thrift to this day, I would say at least a third of my clothes are thrifted.  For my first refashion coop post I found this great dress for $5.
I really loved the pattern. I also adore a structured bodice with a sweet heart neckline.  However, the zipper was broken and the dress was a bit too snug.  So I cut it up.
I decided to turn the the bodice into a strapless top.  I added a panel in the back and a ruffle along the bottom.  See the results below.


My cat also liked the top



2 comments:

Refashion said...

Welcome to the Co-Op! Salvaging a fun bustier top from a dress that isn't wearable really makes sense. Thanks for the share! -Seeks, EOD

concretenprimroses said...

Very cute. Good job.
Kitties are very helpful aren't they.
Kathy