Thursday, September 19, 2013

Scout's Honor Skirt

I had a pair of brown pants, very similar to this pair pictured below, but a little shorter and not quite so wide-legged. Unfortunately, I seem to have accidentally deleted the before pic from my phone, but these are close enough.

Bad to the Bone Tee & Trouser Shorts - Before

Since I turned the above-pictured pants into shorts, I decided this second pair would become a pleated skirt. It actually turned out looking a lot like a Girl Scout's uniform skirt, but oh well! Still cute! And as long as I leave my merit badge sash at home, I don't think I'll be mistaken for a girl scout anytime soon.

Scout's Honor Skirt

Scout's Honor Skirt

For more photos and details, visit CarissaKnits, where you will also find more pics of my new tattoos!

Knitting and Sewing Tattoos

7 comments:

IWOM said...

I'd call the new skirt very classic (despite the fact it reminds me of my old Catholic school skirt!). It's got an all season quality too.

Nice ink! Well placed for wearing open back things when you don't want to share your body art, which is something everyone should consider when you 'paint the walls'.

(As in: 'your body is a temple').

IWOM: EOD

ETHEEA said...

I bet this was a difficult refashion. The outcome is really lovely :D ..also..love your tatoos :X http://etheea.wordpress.com/

Corina said...

Love your tattoos...

Saga said...

Awesome tattoos (oh, and nice skirt)

J said...

What a cute outfit! You are a refashion genius...I also like the tattoos!

Anonymous said...

Your skirt turned out great! I love the green accessories too!

BubblesRides said...

LOVE the tats!!! Skirt is amazing, too. I love how you did that.