Friday, March 23, 2018

The Gray Spring Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am having a cold, gray, snowy spring so far. It gave me some extra time to sew because we were snowed in for 2 days. I got to work on this gray dress. It was a nice knit but it was too big and the neckline was too low.


There was seam running down the back of the dress that I used as a guide to take the dress in. I took out about 4 inches. I didn't want the dress to be tight just a little smaller.


I noticed that the dress was uneven in length so I was careful when I shortened it to make it even all the way around. 


The dress fit much better now but it still needed a belt to look it's best. You can see the fabric I cut off the bottom laying in a circle on the floor around the dress. I had a plan for that circle of fabric. I will show you that next time.


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: