Sunday, August 25, 2019

Bleach Dye Maxi Dress

I fell in love with this coral maxi dress at the thrift store. I didn't really have a need for it and being short I don't think maxi dresses are very flattering. However, I always feel so elegant in maxi dresses. So, for this one I'm going by how I feel in this dress and not really how it looks.
DSCN1853

For this I decided to once again try a bleach dye. The last time I tried bleach on a light fabric, I didn't work. I definitely had my fingers crossed for this project!
DSCN1855

First, the prep: Use rubber gloves! Put a tarp or plastic garbage bag down before starting your project!
Since I am usually very messy, I put down a tarp!
I filled a bucket with about 2 inches of bleach and just a tiny amount of water.
I dipped the bottom of my dress into the bucket and let that sit for 10 minutes.

DSCN1856

After sitting for 10 minutes in the bucket I soaked a rag in bleach and dabbed it about 1/2 up the dress. Then I dipped my gloved hand in the bleach and flicked bleach on the dress.
Once the bleach sat for a total of 20 minutes I put it into the washer on a rinse cycle. Rinse with cold water. Then I washed it on a normal cycle. I did wash it by itself at this step.
I couldn't believe this bleach project worked out, especially because my first bleach project was a major fail.

DSCN1863.JPG

img.png
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on mu blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

I have never had good luck with bleach. You did great that dress is so cool. And it looks great too.
Chickie