Sunday, January 26, 2020

Refashion Runway Season 5: Statement Sleeves

The first challenge of Refashion Runway Season 5 is Statement Sleeves!

Beth Huntington the host of Refashion Runway always comes up with the BEST challenges, I don't know how she does it!

When I thought about the challenge ‘Statement Sleeves’ The terms “dressy” and “high fashion” came to mind.

I began my project with a snug fitting lace dress, a pair of black dress slacks and a sparkly top with sheer sleeves. I adored the sheer sleeves on the metallic top and thought they would make a great base for my statement sleeves.

I removed the sleeves from the sparkly shirt.


I pinned the sleeves to the lace dress. (This is a technique that I could do blind folded LOL)


I hand sewed pearl beads around the neckline. Then added 1 layer of sheer ruffle that I salvaged from an old project.

Then I stitched on another sheer ruffle.


This dress was super cute, but definitely too tight so I decided to chop off the length and make it a top!


Pinning a new hem on my shirt! I was able to still keep the zipper intact, which was nice.


I wanted to tie together the sleeves and the top so I also hand stitched the same pearl beads around the wrists of the sleeves,
One last detail: The pants!
This top could not be completed without a pair of pants.


I cut the length of the pants to knee length and sewed a new hem.


I used my seam ripper to open the side seam of each pant leg.


Up to about a 3-inch slit.


I used a scrap of lace from the bottom of the dress I cut to add into the slit I created.
And here we go!






Happy Refashioning!!!
Don't forget to vote!
Remember you can vote 1x a day!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This is a home run! It's very pretty.
Chickie