Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Stripes on Stripes

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I am enjoying spring and spring sewing. It is warmer and I can wear skirts without freezing to death. 

I found both of these tops at a swap and thought they needed to stay together. They were the same colors and they were both striped. I liked how the sweater fit so I just had to work on the t-shirt. It was roomy enough to make something else out of.

I cut the t-shirt into a skirt shape. I used a skirt I liked as my guide.


I sewed the side seams and then added an elastic waistband. I learned this method here, from Saga, and I use it a lot.


I was happy with all my stripes. 


Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Soline said...

Great job! Now I have some ideas about some t-shirt I don't wear anymore.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Soline,
I'm sure your tops will turn into great skirts.
Chickie