Monday, May 24, 2021

Kentucky Derby Hat 2021

 

We have arrived to the 147th Kentucky Derby! I am so excited to share this years hat with you!

I had this old wool hat laying around. Yes, it looks too drab to be a Derby hat but stay tuned!

I started by removing the brown bow and ribbon.

This year I wasn’t too keen on wrapping a ribbon around the hat. Then I got to thinking…..maybe a row of feathers would be nice!

I started to hot glue the feathers around the hat alternating with purple and blue.

I found this floral arrangement netting in blue and used it almost as a bird cage veil connected to my hat.

Then I started gluing blue and purple flowers.

I almost never have a plan for my hat, I just start gluing and go from there!

Happy Refashioning, Crafting and Upscaling!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!