Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The R3fashion

Where I live, coronavirus masking rules are starting to lighten up, and the weather is starting to warm up. So I figured that makes it the perfect time to finally share this refashion about making a facemask/scarf combo! Better late than never, right?

I started with a pair of leggings. 

 

They were a beautiful metallic design, but much too small for me.

With all the length, I thought they'd make a cute scarf, but a scarf is always better if it can be made into a face mask (at least, it has been for me for the last year!).

So I stitched a nose-shaped seam into them, attached some elastic ear loops, and got myself a cool ninja mask!

I called this post the R3fashion because I actually made three things with it. I sewed the scraps into two tiny little boot toppers and a headband!

 

More details about the construction can be found on my blog!

Hoping no one will ever need this tutorial,
The Unfashionista

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

You are very clever. These are great ways to use small pieces of fabric you might have.Way to go!
Chickie