Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksgiving Peplum with Bell Sleeves

This is not a new refashion but I love it so much I wanted to share it again in light of the Thanksgiving holiday! This was such a fun refashion!

 I love the holidays because it always gives me inspiration for some refashions! I purchased this pumpkin turtleneck back in the summer in preparation for Thanksgiving!  This shirt has been burning a hole in my re-fashioners pocket!

DSCN1396

I love this simple pumpkin pattern!

DSCN1397

My idea was to add the pumpkin turtleneck and this shirt together. Then I thought about a peplum shirt, how cute would that be?!

DSCN1398I marked where my bellybutton was, which is where I wanted to start the peplum part of this top.

DSCN1399

I cut the pumpkin turtleneck just under the armpits.

DSCN1400

I placed the scrap of the gray shirt on top of the pumpkin shirt so I could measure the length. Then I trimmed thee pumpkin shirt to size.

DSCN1401

I pinned the pumpkin fabric to the top of the gray shirt.

DSCN1402

Once the body of the shirt was done, it was time for the sleeves. I was playing around with adding part of the pumpkin sleeves to the gray shirt. During my trial and error process I came upon the idea to make them bell sleeves!

DSCN1403

I cut the bottom section of the pumpkin sleeves. Then cut the same length off of the gray shirt sleeves.

DSCN1404

I pinned the original hem of the pumpkin sleeves to the bottom of the newly cut gray sleeves. I folded under the bottom of the pumpkin material to make a new hem for the sleeves.

IMG_0510

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

IMG_0515

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This was a good combination. I like how you put it together.
Chickie