Thursday, August 18, 2022

Jeans upcycled with embroidered daisies

 


I just returned from a lovely holiday in Brittany, France, and I wanted to share a small campsite project with you: a jeans upcycle with embroidery. I don't know about you, but when I'm on vacation I kind of (secretly) miss my sewing machine and my time of 'zen-handicraft'. So when I came across this fun embroidery kit for upcycling clothes in a store, I immediately got excited. It was of course a small project, but I really loved the idea of upcycling with embroidery and it was so much fun to do at the campsite! 


Fortunately, I had packed the perfect garment to try it out with: the jeans I'd pimped with a fringe and high waist last year. And now I was going for another upcycle: embroidering a row of cute daisies alongside the entrance of a pocket. 


The kit came with everything I needed to get started: different colors of yarn, a needle , explanation of the used stitches and fun patterns on 'magic paper'. Which turned out te be soluble interfacing, but 'magic paper' sounds way better of course...

Me, pushing the rather blunt needle through the jeans....

The double orange french knot makes all the difference!


So, how about you? Do you manage to stay away from creative projects on your holidays?




More details about this campsite project and an unexpected furry visitor on vermaakster.blogspot.com. You'll find a step by step explanation in Dutch and English. 



1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

Those flowers are so pretty. I love this little touch on the jeans. It look so good.
Chickie