Sunday, November 27, 2022

Vintage embroidery pouch

 


A few weeks ago, I visited a pretty nice and big thrift store, when my eye fell on this beautiful vintage embroidery. A seamstress working in the light of the window, a nice fireplace and a cat playing, somehow it seemed just like a painting by the Dutch painter Vermeer to me (I'm obviously no expert). An adorable piece of embroidery and I just had to take it with me for a small project: I wanted to turn it in to a small pouch. And so it happened...

Enjoy!





You are very welcome to visit vermaakster.blogspot.com for more details and pictures. You'll find a step by step explanation there in Dutch and English! 


4 comments:

Maria said...

Great idea and now you can carry the beautifully embroidered scene with you!

Vermaakster said...

Exactly:)!

I Can Work With That said...

This is so pretty and such a great way to use and save a piece of needle work. Love this!
Chickie

circesews said...

I love this idea - I always want to rescue this sort of thing as so much work has gone into them.