Friday, July 07, 2023

Flowy Lace Jacket

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been wanting a really light weight lace jacket and I found one when I was out thrifting. It was long and I wanted a shorter version. I'm sure you can guess what I did. 

Before and after. And after.

I wanted to make this jacket waist length. 

I cut the jacket in half and I used my serger on the hem of my new shorter jacket. I knew my sewing machine would destroy that lace.

I matched the thread and the new hem blended in really well. 

I turned the leftover material on it's side and made an elastic waistband. It's a skirt extender.

I turned it on its side so that this edging from the front would be the hem of the skirt extender. That scalloped edge was so pretty. 
 
I wanted that scalloped lace peeking out from a dress. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
 













No comments: