Friday, September 08, 2023

A Summer Dress to 2 Piece Set

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I know fall is coming soon but it is still boiling hot where I live so I refashioned this summer dress. 

Before and after.

This dress was too long on me and the shape wasn't quite working either. I cut the top off. The empire waist had elastic around it so I left that elastic in the top. I hemmed the bottom so it had a little ruffle along the bottom of the shirt.. 

I added an elastic waistband to the skirt and made it a lot shorter. It fit me a lot better this way. 

This skirt also matched the "Hamilton" t-shirt that I thrifted and dyed. The skirt also matched the sweater I dyed along with the t-shirt. I accidentally made a little peach capsule wardrobe. It was serendipity. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.




No comments: