Friday, January 19, 2024

A Quick & Easy Shrug

 Hello Refashion Co-op. It is really, really cold in most of the U.S. this week, even parts that are not usually cold. Some of us are are struggling. I am layering up with as many clothes as possible. I made this shrug to stay warm. 

Before and after.

This baby blanket was made by hand and that always appeals to me. It was beautiful, it was in great shape and it was a rectangle. That is what I needed. If I put it across my shoulders lengthwise it could be used as a shawl but shawls always slip down and I hate fussing and fixing things like that. If this blanket were made into a shrug with sleeves, it would stay on and that would be easier to wear.
 
I used ribbon to connect the outer parts of the scalloped edges to make sleeves. Yarn would have been better but I didn't have any. It was going to be hidden inside so I did not worry about it.

From the back you can see the pretty design of the crochet pattern. 
 
This shrug is warm and cozy and only took about 15-20 minutes. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and all the how-to details go to I Can Work With That.

 

 

 



No comments: