Saturday, January 13, 2024

Separates From a Dress

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this dress at a thrift store and fell in love with the fabric. It looked like an Impressionist painting. But did it fit well? No, no it did not. 

Before and after.

I separated the top and the skirt. I wanted 2 pieces I could wear more often.

I used a straight skirt that fit well and used it as a "pattern". I thought a less full skirt would work for me so I cut out the pieces. The hem was already there so this was a fast skirt.  

I added an elastic waistband.

The dress had a zipper down the back so I sewed the back shut. I can put it on over my head.

The neckline gaped a little so I made 2 little pleats and added a couple buttons to jazz it up. 

I can wear these 2 pieces together or separate. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.





No comments: